Monday, December 26, 2011

Greetings from Chiang Mai

I'm finally here for the winter.  Very long trip that I wouldn't wish on anyone unless they loved this country and the people and the food as much as I do.  Finally back into my routine of 2 yoga classes a day with my teacher Remco, in the 1st picture, he is far from setting a fashion trend for yoga teachers! 
There used to be more of a garden but a lot of the was taken over by the floors.  I hope that some more garden will develop as time allows.  Check out Remco's website: www.thaimassagechiangmai.com


I have studied with him now for 5 years and I am hooked.  The first 3 pictures are of his new studio which is about twice as large as the previous one.  He now has beautiful teak floors as opposed to the old concrete ones.  The bike picture is in front of Dada's cafe, where I have my breakfast everyday of the healthiest food  I have ever had, and it is not expensive.  Dada is another woman I love even though she has just married Helmet.  Mere detail, heck it is Thailand!  We are all mature. I bike all over the city and even out into the country side and jungles/forests.  More biking than I do at home because it is almost all flat.

The rest of the pictures are of small details from the Buddhists temples inside the old city.  There are 84 very active temples inside the old city that is only 1 square mile in area.  At 5 AM the temple bells start ringing and that starts the dogs barking and Chiang Mai wakes up.  I prefer to sleep until at least 7 AM before my
retirement/holiday/vacation starts.





The last picture is what happens to bad tourists.  I went to a wonderful monk chat on Sunday.  Thought about you and how you would like the dialogue.  The monk broached non-duality.  But then moved onto talking about Buddhism.  It was one of the best ones yet.

Enjoy these, more to follow.
Jack

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jack! It sounds like you're having a wonderful time in your retirement. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete