Thursday, December 29, 2011

Seasons Greeting From Thailand

I hope these pictures of how the Thais are decorated for Xmas find you happy and in good spirits.  They have really gone all out this year to celebrate big time and I get the sense that there are more Thai tourists in town than the foreign kind.  The room next door to me which is the same size as mine and has the same big queen size bed is sleeping 5 people who I think are relatives of the family that own this guest house.  Constant noise except when they out all day touring.  How do you sleep 5 in a bed?

I am having my usual wonderful relaxing time over here.  Hitting 2 yoga classes a day and about 3-4  AA meetings a week.  Try to get a Thai massage at least once a week.  Eating a lot of raw food and on some days I hit my goal of 70% raw.  I am making breakfast smoothies here at the guest house in a blender that they let me use.  I actually have a nice big kitchen to cook in if I really wanted to work that hard.  I don't.

Kind of thinking that I might travel over to Burma for 2 weeks and have just firmed up plans to go the 26th of January until the 9th of February, my birthday lest you forget.  I have an UK friend that is making noise that he wants to go, so we are in the planning stage now.  The country is trying to open up more to tourists and they are making it easier to get a visa with out going to Bangkok and waiting for two days.  I found a local travel agent who can get me the Visa for a price if I apply early and give her plenty of time.

The pictures of the Xmas decorations are really amazing in the manner that they are created over night on the spot and then can disappear just as quick.  I am never around at that time of night when all these changes take place.  Chiang Mai is one of the cleanest cities that I have ever been in.  Even the back small streets, called Sois, are kept clean.  This is not the case for Bangkok, which is by far one of the dirtiest cities I have been in. 

Therefore, come to Chiang Mai.  But I know you are getting tired of my saying this!  
Feel free to post a comment below.  









Thai's skating in front of the 3 Kings monument.

1 comment:

  1. I love this photo of you and the Thai girls! I thought you went over there for the yoga and meditation :-)

    ReplyDelete